New Functionality for Industries and Administrative Processes
(Taken from AX Wonders Blog – January 4, 2013)
- Manufacturing: Improve manufacturing operations for process manufacturing. AX 2012 R2 introduces
new capability for management of potency, traceability and product batch sequencing to help process
manufacturing streamline operations.
- Retail: Assortment management across channels in your retail operations. New multi and
cross-channel capabilities for retail organizations, including catalogue management, cross-channel
workflows, and integrated sales channel management will include a new “out of the box” web storefront.
- Public Sector: AX 2012 R2 simplifies the financial budgeting process in public sector
organizations. By combining the power of Microsoft Excel with the power of the workflow engine inside of
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, AX 2012 R2 supports new capabilities in budget formulation with workflow approvals,
flexible tracking, and reporting.
- Professional Services: AX 2012 R2 improves in the intercompany scheduling capability of project
resources will specifically benefit services organization with resources and projects across multiple entities and
will improve utilization of your resources.
Improve Business Insights for all Users
New and updated KPI content is offered, and updated KPIs will come with the SQL BI cubes shipped with the release. These KPIs will surface on the different role centers.
Enabling the usage of the new Power view technology (You can learn more about this from the Murray Fife’s post Creating PowerView Dashboards Against Dynamics AX 2012) introduced in Microsoft SQL Server 2012. This will help users to discover new insights through a highly interactive and familiar data visualization technology. Increase Global Reach and Simplify International Operations AX 2012 R2 has increased the global reach of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 by adding localization for 11 new markets (Brazil, Czech Republic, China, Estonia, Hungary, India, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Russia), extending the reach for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 to support 36 localizations worldwide.
Simplify the Application Lifecycle for Customers
This goes from simplifying single instance international ERP deployment scenarios up to simplifying setup and functional implementation with new and improved lifecycle services.
Also, in AX 2012R2, we’ll see:
- The Code Analyzer that will help us analyze the performance of custom code based on rules in
the design phase of an extension by customers or partners.
- The Data Migration Framework will support import, export and migration of data to/from
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 in the deployment phase. It will cover over 20 scenarios including customer, vendor,
product, employee, BOM, open sales and purchase order data, which can be extended by partners and customers.
- The Diagnostics Framework will assist by analyzing data collected from the installation’s servers
based on rules in the maintenance phase.
It is really exciting to see all these improvements in the new release, as it will add more value to customer across the board and it will help AX 2012 R2 to be used in other countries based on the localization improvements.